If you are pregnant, it is very important to prepare for childbirth so that you can have a healthy baby. Health Choice has many programs to help you get the health care you need to keep you and your new baby healthy.
Pregnant women can register for our Stork Program and receive information and guidance from our maternity nurses to help them have a healthy pregnancy. Our Stork Program will also help pregnant women and new moms obtain the community resources they need for their family.
For information about the Stork Program, call us toll-free at 1-800-828-7514.
Well-child Visits and Immunizations
Taking your baby to the doctor for well-child visits and shots is one of the most important things you can do to keep your child from getting very sick. Children ages 0-2 years should visit their physician at 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 24 months. Many important items that should be addressed include:
- Checking normal height, weight, and head growth
- Assisting mothers with breast feeding and other feeding/nutrition concerns
- Checking for proper vision, speech, and hearing development
- Checking the teeth and making needed dental referrals
- Checking blood count, lead level, and possibly TB screening
- Giving vaccinations for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, influenza, hepatitis A and B, and chicken pox
To help you with making sure your child gets an annual check-up, Health Choice Arizona offers a special program for babies, children and youth up to the age of 21. In this program, your child may receive check-ups, covered health care services and dental services at no cost to you. In addition, if your child needs to see a specialist, Health Choice will cover that service as long as you receive a referral from your provider.
Healthy Start, Bright Futures
Taking your children to the doctor for well-child visits and shots is one of the most important things you can do to keep them from getting very sick.
- Make sure your baby gets all needed shots before your baby is 15 weeks old.
- Take your baby for eight (8) well-child visits before the baby is 15 months old.
- Make sure your baby gets all of their shots before your baby’s second birthday.
- Make sure your child gets all their shots before your child’s thirteenth birthday.
Health Choice will mail reminders to you before each important date. The letters will tell you everything you need to know to keep your family healthy!
For more information about Healthy Start, Bright Futures, call Member Services toll-free at 1-800-322-8670, Monday through Friday (except holidays), 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. TTY/TDD users can call 711. You can also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Choice Arizona covers family planning services. For information about Family Planning, click here.
We want to help you keep your kids healthy! For a FREE Childhood Immunizations magnet, call Member Services toll-free at 1-800-322-8670.